Hi all, it’s time to welcome in August! Super interesting, August was named in honor of Augustus Caesar. It is also intentional that it has 31 days, because Augustus wanted as many days as Julius Caesar’s month of July had. (They took that extra day from February. Must be true, I read it on the internet!!)
Is it me or does it seem like just last week it was February? Time flies! The kids are winding down from summer vacation, and already plans for back to school are being made. I hope everyone had a great summer break and got out and enjoyed all that our wonderful home town has to offer.
We are in the season for monsoons and humidity and hopefully we will get more rain before the Monsoons wind down. Speaking of needing rain, I cannot let this edition go out without mentioning “The Goodwin Fire”. What a time of trial for everyone in our communities when the fire hit. Thank you to all the fire fighters and first responders who put their lives on the line everyday to protect us and our homes, they worked overtime on this one for sure, God Bless them all.
I also want to give a shout out to all of the people in our community that stepped up to help each other. It says something about who we are when the shelters and aid agencies have to say we have too many donations! Thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were impacted by the fire. I want to thank all the Realtors in the area who pulled together and did what they could and to PAAR for organizing us.
While you are doing all your back to school shopping, remember to support our local vendors and small businesses. Speaking of supporting your local small businesses, remember me for all your real estate needs, whether selling your current home, buying your new home or both! I can help you meet all your real estate goals! Go to TheresadeSoto.com for more information.
Fun Facts About The Month of August
Did you Know?
- Birthstone: Peridot (a beautiful olive green stone)
- Flower: Gladiolas
- August is National Picnic month, Sandwich month and Goat cheese month.
- The signing of the Declaration of Independence didn’t occur on July 4. It actually occurred on Aug 2, 1776 – After the Continental Congress voted to declare independence on July 2. The actual signing was on August 2, 1776. Matthew Thornton from New Hampshire signed it on November 4, 1776.
- August 5, 1914 – Cleveland, Ohio, installed the first electric traffic light. (Wonder how many lights there are now in Prescott? Phoenix?)
- August 10, 1519 – Ferdinand Magellan set sail from Seville, Spain to circumnavigate the globe.
- August 12, 1877 – the phonograph was invented by Thomas Edison.
- Singer Elvis Presley died on August 16, 1977 at 42 years old.
- August 19, 1909 – The Indianapolis 500 race track opens for the first time.
- August 21, 1959 – Hawaii becomes the 50th state of the United States.
Important Days To Celebrate
- 4th – chocolate chip cookie day
- 6th – wiggle your toes day
- 10th – lazy day
- 13th – Left hander’s day
- 19th – potato day
- 27th – just because day
Make You Say Hmmm….
What’s the difference between a nook and a cranny?
Answer: A nook is a corner and cranny is a crack.
How Much Is Your Home Worth?
Let us help you out with lists of up-to-date homes for sale in the Prescott Area:
- Homes For Sale in Prescott
- Homes For Sale in Prescott Valley
- Homes For Sale in Chino Valley
- Homes For Sale in Dewey-Humboldt
Curious What Your Home is Worth?
I can tell you! Click Here
Making dreams come true….one home at a time