Say HELLO to September!
One of my favorite things about where we live is the four seasons! And Autumn is always such an amazing time of year. With the leaves changing and the weather getting cooler, it is a great time to get out and enjoy all that our amazing town has to offer. Whether you have a BBQ by one of the lakes, or enjoy the hiking trails, September is a great outdoor month. Or you can just get out and enjoy Fall in the court house square with the leaves on the ground and all the great shops and places to eat! Speaking of eating, one of my favorite foods is pumpkin. I am always so glad to have all the wonderful pumpkin foods and flavors that this season has to offer! There are still a lot of events happening downtown also, so don’t forget to visit Theresadesoto.com for a community connection. And when you are downtown, make sure you stop and see me at our office when you need a realtor, just ask for Theresa! I am here to help you with all your real estate needs. Whether selling your current home, buying your dream home, or both! (Plus there is a great coffee shop next to us where you can sit and have a pumpkin latte!)
Fun Fact About Prescott Valley, Arizona
Prescott Valley, Arizona, is a family-oriented community that sits at an elevation of 5,000 feet and is located 85 miles north of Phoenix. Strong in economic development, the community continues to attract retailers and restaurants such as Kohl’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, T.J. Maxx, Sprouts, Culvers, Buffalo Wild Wings and a host of independent food and shopping choices.
There are no shortage of places to spend your leisure time at Fain Park, Mountain Valley Splash Pool and special events such as Prescott Valley Days, Balloon Glow or the Christmas Valley of Lights twinkling joyfully for kids of all ages.
Many people have chosen to buy homes and relocate here because of its strong work ethic, solid educational system, family values and positive outlook under sunny Arizona skies.
Homes For Sale in Prescott Valley
Fun Facts About The Month of September
September was the seventh month of the original Roman calendar. This is where it got its name which means seventh. Later, when January and February were added to the calendar it became the ninth month. September was also the month when the name “United States” came into existence. It was way back on September 09, 1776. Originally, it was named United Colonies. But with the effort of the Continental Congress, the old name was changed. The very first Continental Congress happened on the 5th of September year 1874.
Did you Know That September Is . . .
- National Potato Month
- National Chicken Month
- National Blueberry Popsicle Month
- 1814 The Star-Spangled Banner is written by Francis Scott Key
- 1820 To prove that the tomato is safe, Robert Johnson publicly eats a bushel of tomatoes
- 1830 In a fun race, a horse beats the first U.S. made locomotive.
- 1897 The first underground metro or subway in North America opens in Boston
- 1956 The toy Play-Doh is first introduced
- 1967 Gilligan’s Island airs its final episode.
- 1982 The first record of someone using the emoticon??:-) to an online bulletin board.
Important Days To Celebrate
- 2nd International Bacon Day
- 5th Be Late for Something Day
- 14th National Cream-Filled Donut Day
- 18th National Cheeseburger Day
- 22th Elephant Appreciation Day
- 28th Ask a Stupid Question Day (one of my favorite days)
How Much Is Your Home Worth?
Let us help you out with lists of up-to-date homes for sale in the Prescott Area:
- Homes For Sale in Prescott
- Homes For Sale in Prescott Valley
- Homes For Sale in Chino Valley
- Homes For Sale in Dewey-Humboldt
Curious What Your Home is Worth?
I can tell you! Click Here
Making dreams come true….one home at a time